It can get highly frustrating to solve even the simplest looking forms of a puzzle. It just gets impossible to figure out the exact word that is the crossword quiz answers! A crossword is essentially a puzzle consisting of a grid of squares and blanks into which words crossing vertically and horizontally are written according to clues. The direction in the which the word is filled is mentioned along with the clues, which can either be across or down the page. Finding the exact crossword puzzle answers can really be challenging at times!
Different types of crosswords may be found across the globe. Normally crossword puzzles come in squares of shapes ranging from 15*15 to as large as 25*25. They can be differentiated from one another based on the way each word is separated from the other, that is either by shaded boxes or darkened lines.
- Crossword grids such as those appearing in most American newspapers and magazines feature solid areas of white squares. Every letter is checked (i.e. is part of both an “across” word and a “down” word) and usually each answer must contain at least three letters. In such puzzles shaded squares are typically limited to about one-sixth of the total.
- Crossword grids elsewhere, such as in UK and India, have a lattice-like structure, with a higher percentage of shaded squares (around 25%), leaving about half the letters in an answer unchecked. If the top row has an answer running all the way across, there will often be no across answers in the second row.
- The design of Japanese crossword grids often follows two additional rules: that shaded cells may not share a side and that the corner squares must be white.
- The “Swedish-style” grid uses no clue numbers, as the clues are contained in the cells which do not contain answers. Arrows indicate in which direction the clues have to be answered: vertical or horizontal.
- Substantial variants from the usual forms exist. Two of the common ones are barred crosswords, which use bold lines between squares instead of the shaded squares to separate answers, and circular designs, with answers, entered either radially or in concentric circles.
Freeform crosswords also known as criss-cross puzzles, which have simple, asymmetric designs, are often seen on school worksheets, children’s menus, and other entertainment for children. Grids forming shapes other than squares are also occasionally used.
Crosswords Solver is one of the best platforms available online in which we can often find crossword puzzle answers and clues that appear in the leading newspapers and journals such as the New York Times Crossword, LA Times crosswords, USA Today Crossword and many other popular crosswords. Their motto is to help millions of people around the world solve puzzles without any fuss. The service is entirely free, as another team motto is that information must be passed on freely. The number of crosswords is solved every day, and the answers are uploaded on this site by the staff to make sure anyone with difficulty in solving the puzzle can simply make a search with clues and figure out the answer for the same!